Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Boston Kitchen at Faneuil Hall Marketplace: Boston, MA

About a few weeks ago, a few of my friends and I had plans to go ice skating at Frog Pond in Boston. It was an event run by the school and transportation was going to be provided. When we went to get on the bus to go, we had found out that nobody had actually scheduled a bus and that the trip was cancelled. Our money was refunded and we left; disappointed and lost. What were we to do on this beautiful Saturday afternoon now?

My good friend Elizabeth suggested we still go to Boston. It was only 1 o'clock after all, we could easily catch the 1:30 train and make it there by 2.

"Why not?!" The rest of us said, and off we went.

In Boston, we ended up doing some shopping and heading over to Faneuil Hall to grab something to eat. It was packed per usual and I hadn't been there in a while. I was wandering aimlessly trying to decide what to have to eat, of course I was in the mood for chicken fingers. I stumbled upon a place called the Boston Kitchen. I saw that they had chicken fingers, but when I looked at them I was skeptical.

Lately I have been preaching not to judge a chicken finger by its skin - and I cannot emphasize this enough!

Chicken fingers, like humans, come in all different shapes, sizes, textures, and colors. You cannot simply judge them based on how they look!

These chicken fingers did not look too appetizing, they were very light in coloring and did not look crunchy enough. I decided to give them a go anyways, what if this was THE chicken? The best one I have ever tasted - the one that I would recommend to my grandkids and their grandkids for generations?

It wasn't.

BUT it was pretty damn good. Way up there on my list. The flavor was unbelievable, it was incredibly juicy and when I ate it I was mad at myself for doubting it even the slightest bit. These chicken fingers were rare - one bite and instant flavor washes over your entire body. Even though the breading wasn't crunchy like I usually like them, it didn't matter! I'm telling you - you've got to try these. The minute I bit in to them I texted my friends and family to tell them how good they were.

They don't beat the Puritan Backroom of course, I have yet to find a chicken finger that could, but definitely a 10/10 for these chicken fingers.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

And remember, never judge a chicken finger by it's skin - it's 2015 people.


No comments:

Post a Comment